Physical Literacy is the mastering of fundamental movement skills and fundamental sport skills that permit to move confidently and with control in a wide range of physical activity situations.
Physical Literacy is as important as reading and writing. Hence it is the bounden responsibility of everybody to make efforts until Physical Literacy becomes an integral part of our School Education system.
Guidelines for the effective implementation of Physical Literacy (P.L):
A. Primary & Upper Primary Schools:
1. Physical Literacy should be implemented from class I to V with 6 periods in a week for each class. Head Masters should ensure the implementation of 6 periods of Physical Literacy.
2. Physical literacy should be practiced in the last period in all Primary Schools every day.
3. In case of Upper Primary schools, Physical Literacy should be conducted for classes 1 -5 during 7th period and for 6 -8 classes during 8th period.
4. Mass drill should be conducted to all classes on Friday during 7th and 8th periods.
5. All teachers in the Primary and Upper Primary Schools should participate in Physical Literacy during Physical Literacy period.
6. Complex School P.ETs/P.Ds will Orient Primary School Teachers on Physical Literacy during Complex meetings and through special sessions at designated schools every month.7. Primary School Head Masters shall purchase good quality Physical Literacy materials (Tennekoit balls, Plastic Cones (1 or 1 ½ ft), carom boards, Chess boards, throw balls, plastic balls etc.)/ as suggested by P.E.Ts from appropriate school grants provided under RMSA, SSA.
Click below link to download Guidelines & Timetable